Sunday, September 4, 2011

Homemade Bread

Nothing better than smelling fresh bread baking, except eating that warm bread with a little honey. I bake my bread in the oven in the winter, but it is just too hot in the summer.  I get out that wonderful machine called the bread machine.  So easy to use, just put your ingredients in and walk away.  I try be around when that beep goes off that lets me know the bread is ready.  It seems to get a little tough if left in the machine after it is ready.  I let my bread cool slightly and then use an electric knife to get nice slices. 

Here is my recipe it makes a large 2 pound loaf of bread:

Bread Machine Recipe

1 1/2 cups goat milk (I heat it up to room temperature)
3 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
1 tablespoon molasses (honey or maple syrup will work just fine too)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups white whole wheat
1 cup whole wheat
1/4 cup flax seed
1 1/2 cups yeast

Place all ingredients, in the order listed, in the bread pan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment