Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simple Knitting Project

Knitted Dishclothes

If you are interested in doing a simple knitting project, here is the one for you. I like making this dishcloth for two reasons.  One, I can usually go from start to finish at one sitting.  Two, I love having my homemade dishcloths to use in the kitchen. It is very easy pattern for the beginner or for first project for a child.

I use the Lily's Sugar and Cream yarn (New Super Size) sold at most fabric stores. This yarn is 100% cotton and is a little tougher than regular yarn.  It now comes in the multi-color yarn like the one below.  One skien makes two dishclothes.  Watch for a sale at your local fabric store to stock up on this yarn for the winter.









PATTERN:

Materials:  One skein yarn color of your choice.  Size 10 knitting needles.

Abbreviations:
K = Knit, st(s) = stitch(es), tog = together, YO = yarn over, rep = repeat

Cast on 4 sts
Row 1: K, across.
Row 2: K 2, yo, K to end of row.
Repeat Row 2 until there are 43 stitches on needles.
Next Dec. Rows:
K 1, K 2 tog, yo. K 2 tog, K to end. 
Continue working dec row until 4 sts remain.  Cast off remaining sts.

This pattern was on the back of the label on Bernat Handicrafter Cotton yarn.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were still knitting! I love the pattern the varigated yarn makes - they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete